Editorial Assistant, Better Homes & Gardens
June 2015 – Present
• Create three pieces of content (stories, slideshows, and quizzes) per week that align with BHG.com’s brand.
• Produce two weekly recipe newsletters that reach more than 1 million subscribers each.
• Build stories, slideshows, video pages, blog posts, and quizzes within Adobe CQ and WordPress.
• Originally hired as a Meredith Apprentice, then continued with Better Homes & Gardens team after my year in the Apprentice Program had ended.
ASME Editorial Intern, Smart + Strong Publishing
June 2016 – August 2016
• Wrote three stories per week for POZ.com newsfeed on topics like protests, new pharmaceutical drugs, and laws that affect the HIV/AIDS community.
• Reported on and produced video for a protest at the United Nations High-Level Meeting on Ending AIDS.
• Edited HTML code in Content Management System to assure old content fit with new look of brand.
President, Delta Gamma Fraternity
December 2015 – December 2016
• Ran organization of 120 members by setting goals and running weekly meetings. Oversaw all aspects of the organization, including a $200,000 budget, philanthropy and social events, and social media accounts.
• Managed a leadership team of 20 through weekly and monthly meetings and daily communication. Assured each member of executive team was meeting her goals and assisting her directors.
• Maintained confidentiality while working with many sensitive matters. Communicated with national and regional fraternity executives and university administrators.
Executive Editor, Drake Magazine
May 2015 – May 2016
• Oversaw the 2016 Online Pacemaker-winning website, DrakeMagazine.com. Wrote stories for health, food and feature sections.
• Refocused online editorial brand to include buzzier writing, attention-grabbing headlines, and more SEO terms. Worked with creative director to re-design site to include higher-quality images and better UX design.
• Managed online team of creative director, editors, and staff writers. Oversaw creation of 50+ stories for drakemagazine.com, ran two meetings per week, and coached writers to improve their writing.
• Previously: Managing Editor (’14-’15), Assistant Editor (’13-’14)
Editorial Assistant, Midwest Living
January 2015 – August 2015
• Wrote 10-20 Facebook posts for food content. Ran Google+ account, and increased followers by 12 percent.
• Fact-checked six bi-monthly publications, plus three special publications.
• Contacted PR reps from 30+ companies to gather info on products for Holiday Gift Guide.
Communications Director, Delta Gamma Fraternity
December 2014 – December 2015
• Managed and created content for brand’s Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, and Pinterest accounts. Aimed to showcase brand’s image and values through regular posts on each platform.
• Increased brand’s Facebook and Instagram followers by 40 percent.
• Created and executed a six-month social media plan for both organization’s recruitment and philanthropy week.